Salary Range: $48,000 - $52,000
Applicant must comply with all standards set forth in Texas Administrative Code, Title 37, Part VII,
Chapter 217 Licensing Requirements, Rule 217.1 Minimum Standards for Initial Licensure.
1. Must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Must hold a high school diploma or a general education development certificate (GED).
4. Must currently be licensed as peace officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as a licensed peace officer, preferably with a larger Texas municipality or county agency.
- Commission shall have never denied or revoked a license by final order.
- License cannot currently be on suspension.
- A surrender of license cannot be currently in effect.
- Must not have received less than an Honorable Discharge from any agency where applicant was previously employed under a license issued by the Commission.
- Must not have violated any commission rule or provision of the Texas Occupation Code Chapter 1701.
5. Must not have resigned or retired from previous agency while under investigation.
6. Military a plus with Honorable Discharge (copy of DD-214 required).
7. Parker Police Department provides services 24/7. Applicant must be able to work any shift, to include weekends and holidays. (Currently the department is working 12 hour patrol shifts).
8. Must hold a valid Texas Driver’s License with a clear driving history for the past two years.
Applicant Must Successfully Complete the Following:
1. Personal history background check with in-depth criminal, civil, administrative and driving background.
2. Examination by a psychologist who is licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
3. Physical examination by a physician who is licensed by the Texas Medical Board.
4. Pre-employment drug screening.
5. Optional polygraph examination by a polygraph operator who is licensed by the Texas Board of Licensing and Examination.
6. Pre-employment personal interviews or other processes deemed necessary.
Applicants are/will be required to:
1. Complete an application available at City Hall or on the website, www.parkertexas.us, and provide a current resume.
2. Provide a handwritten letter explaining the applicant’s knowledge of the City of Parker, the Parker Police Department and the reasons the applicant desires to work with Parker PD.
3. When directed by an Investigator, complete a personal history statement and information packet.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Documents can be emailed to : firstname.lastname@example.org , faxed to (972) 442-2894 ATTN: HR or mailed to the City of Parker, 5700 East Parker Road, Parker, Texas 75002 – ATTN: Human Resources
~ The City of Parker is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~