2018-2019 Welcome Letter From the PWC President
Dear New Parker Resident:
On behalf of the Parker Women's Club (PWC), I want to welcome you to our beautiful and unique city. The PWC exists to provide opportunities for the women of Parker to support their city through community service and goodwill, and friendship through connecting with other residents.
Some of our future and past programs/outreach projects:
- Style Show / Luncheon / Silent Auction
- Tequila Tasting * Field Trip to Collin County History Museum
- Annual St. Patrick's Day Fundraiser "Winning O' The Green"
- Summer Food Drive * Angel Tree Helping Families in Need
The funds we've raised have been distributed to help our community:
- $10,000 to the Parker Volunteer Fire Department in 2018
- Scholarships to four High School seniors who live in Parker totaling - $7,000
- $9,267 for radar equipment to the Parker Police Department
- Donation of 2 Picnic Tables for the Parker Preserve
Here's just a few of the PWC monthly activity groups, helping us meet others:
- Lunch Brunch
- Craft Group
- Ladies Coffee
- Book Club
- Young Mom's Group
Membership continues to grow as we enter our 46th year, and members include ladies who have lived in Parker for many years to less than one year. I have been a resident of Parker since 2013 and have been an active member of PWC since arriving. I have had the pleasure of serving and developing lasting friendships with many Parker women. Being an active member is truly rewarding, in many ways.
Programs and many activities take the summer off. The Annual Membership Drive will take place in early August. Look for the information packet to arrive by mail. It will include information regarding our program schedule, and other ways to support the PWC and your community.
We welcome you, and hope you will consider this my personal invitation for you to join us!