Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
DECEMBER 7, 2021 @ 7:00 PM
Notice is hereby given the City Council for the City of Parker will meet on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, at 7:00 P.M. Pursuant to Tex. Gov’t Code Section 551.127, Jim Reed of the City Council may appear virtually through videoconferencing. However, a quorum of the City Council will be physically present for the meeting, which will be conducted at Parker City Hall, 5700 E. Parker Road, Parker, Texas 75002 and such meeting shall be open to the public and live streamed.
CALL TO ORDER – Roll Call and Determination of a Quorum
EXECUTIVE SESSION START TO FINISH - Pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code the City Council may hold a closed meeting.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
AMERICAN PLEDGE: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America; and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
TEXAS PLEDGE: Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
PUBLIC COMMENTS The City Council invites any person with business before the Council to speak to the Council. No formal action may be taken on these items at this meeting. Please keep comments to 3 minutes.
ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
i. PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION (P&R) – WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2021, 6 PM
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN (COMP) COMMITTEE - WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2021, 6 PM
INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION ITEMS
2. CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION, AND POTENTIAL ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-685 AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR OF PARKER EXECUTING A 5-YEAR CONTRACT WITH REPUBLIC WASTE SERVICES FOR SOLID WASTE SERVICES.
3. CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION, AND POTENTIAL ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-686 AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR OF PARKER EXECUTING A 3-YEAR CONTRACT WITH DOLIVER ENTERPRISES, LLC. FOR HOME HAZARDOUS WASTE.
4. CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION, AND ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-687 AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH AMERICAN NATIONAL BANK FOR BANK DEPOSITORY SERVICES.
5. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-688 ON INVESTMENT POLICY.
6. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-689 APPROVING AN AMENDED WYLIE JAIL SERVICES INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT.
7. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-690 ENTERING INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH TEXAS LEGENDS GUN RANGE AND TRAINING CENTER, LLC. AND THE CITY OF PARKER FOR RANGE USE FOR CERTAIN CITY EMPLOYEES.
8. DISCUSSION, CONSIDERATION, AND ACTION RESOLUTION NO. 2021-691 AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR OF PARKER EXECUTING A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF PARKER, COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS, PROVIDING FOR THE AMENDMENT OF RESOLUTION 2012-378 OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF PARKER AUTHORIZING OFFICIAL BANKING SIGNATURES.
9. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-692, MAKING APPOINTMENTS TO THE TO THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION.
10. CONSIDERATION AND/OR APPROPRIATE ACTION ON POSTING A RFQ FOR A QUALIFIED PROVIDER FOR OUR COMPREHENSIVE PLAN CREATION.
11. DISCUSSION AND APPROPRIATE ACTION ON CANCELING THE DECEMBER 21, 2021, REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING.
12. DISCUSSION AND APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESCHEDULING THE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING FROM JANUARY 4, 2022, TO JANUARY 11, 2022.
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CIP) COMMITTEE [LYNCH/REED]
DRAINAGE[Except Poco Estados, Moss Ridge & Easy Acres – Drainage for these areas continue under Mayor Pro Tem Meyer.]
CODE BOOK [MEYER]
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN COMMITTEE [SLAUGHTER]
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE [ABRAHAM]
MUNICIPAL COMPLEX [PETTLE/COUNCIL]
NEW RESIDENT PACKET [MEYER]
NOISE COMMITTEE [OLSON]
NORTH TEXAS MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT (NTMWD) [OLSON]
PUMP STATION [MACHADO]
RISK AND RESILIENCE ANALYSIS AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN UPDATE [MACHADO/BIRKHOFF]
THOROUGFARE & OTHER MAPS UPDATE [MACHADO]
ACCEPTANCE OF DONATION(S) FOR POLICE, FIRE, AND CITY STAFF FOR THE RECORD (Each valued at between $0 - $500). [PETTLE]
David and Stephanie Leamy donated candy estimated value of $15.00.
Moe Chigawi donated smoked turkey valued at $45.00.
14. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
15. RECESS TO CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AUTHORITY CONTAINED IN:
a. Government Code Section 551.074 Personnel—To deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
b. Government Code Section 551.071(1)—Consultation with City Attorney concerning Pending or Contemplated Litigation.
c. Government Code Section 551.071(2) – Consultation with Attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas Clearly conflicts with this chapter (Open Meetings Act).
16. RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING.
17. ANY APPROPRIATE DELIBERATION AND/OR ACTION ON ANY OF THE EXECUTIVE SESSION SUBJECTS LISTED ABOVE.
In addition to any specifically identified Executive Sessions, Council may convene into Executive Session at any point during the open meeting to discuss any item posted on this Agenda. The Open Meetings Act provides specific exceptions that require that a meeting be open. Should Council elect to convene into Executive Session, those exceptions will be specifically identified and announced. Any subsequent action, as a result of this Executive Session, will be taken and recorded in open session.
I certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted on or before December 3, 2021, by 5:00 p.m. at the Parker City Hall, and as a courtesy, this Agenda is also posted to the City of Parker Website at www.parkertexas.us.
The Parker City Hall is Wheelchair accessible. Sign interpretations or other special assistance for disabled attendees must be requested 48 hours in advance by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at 972 442 6811.
Date Notice Removed
Patti Scott Grey