Planning & Zoning Commission
The primary responsibility of the Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) is to make recommendations to the City Council on matters affecting community development.
In particular, the responsibilities include:
• Comprehensive Plan. The P&Z may review the Comprehensive Plan of the City and suggest amendments to the City Council regarding the future growth and development of the City.
• Land Use Regulations. The P&Z may draft and recommend the adoption or amendment of zoning and subdivision regulations to the City Council.
• Review Subdivisions. The P&Z may recommend approval, conditional approval, or disapproval of subdivision plats that comply with subdivision regulations.
• Review Plats and Site Plans. The P&Z may review and recommend approval, approval with modifications, or disapproval of plats and site plans according to standards set forth in the state law and the Parker Code of Ordinances.
• Official Map. The P&Z shall review and make a recommendation to the City Council to amend the Official Map of the City.
• Report on Referred Matters. The P&Z may report on all matters referred to it by the City Council, including proposed amendments to the subdivision regulations and the comprehensive zoning ordinance.
• Special use permits. After public notice and hearing, proof of receipt of all applicable permits, consideration of public health, safety, and general welfare, and subject to appropriate conditions and safeguards, a special use permit may be granted by the City Council, upon recommendation from the P&Z.
Agendas & Minutes
- 7:00 pm
- Second and fourth Thursday of every month
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda
| View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
| View All
Planning and Zoning Commission members serve two-year terms. The current members are:
||Place One; Chairperson
||Place Two; Vice Chairperson
|Wei Wei Jeang
||Place Three; Secretary
||Place Four; Voting
||Place Five; Voting