Preserve and Nature Trails
It is hoped that everyone will make use of our Preserve, trails, sidewalk, historical area, open spaces and public gardens. However, City Ordinances No. 608 and No. 722 lay out the following rules and regulations in order for everyone to safely enjoy the City Park. The Parker Police are authorized to enforce this Ordinance and seize and confiscate any unlawful items or contraband. If you observe these rules being violated or abused, please call 972-442-0333 (during business hours) or Dispatch at 972-468-4236 (after hours/weekends).
The rules are as follows:
- No motorized vehicles, except for wheel chairs for the disabled, are allowed in any park, trail, or sidewalk, except in designated parking areas.
- It is unlawful to damage, move, alter, cut, break, injure, deface, or disturb any tree, shrub, plant, rock, building, cage, pen, monument, fence, bench, equipment, or other structure, apparatus or property, or to pluck, pull up, cut, take, or remove any shrub, bush, plant, or flower, or to mark or write upon, paint, or deface in any manner, any building, monument, fence, bench, equipment or other structure.
- It is unlawful to cut or remove any wood, turf, grass, soil, rock, sand, gravel, or fertilizer.
- It is unlawful to make or kindle a fire except in picnic stoves, braziers, fire pits, or designated areas provided for that purpose.
- It is unlawful to place, abandon, or leave garbage, cans, bottles, papers, or other refuse in any park except in proper waste receptacles.
- It is unlawful to participate or engage in any activity in any park area when such activity will create a danger to the public or may be considered a public nuisance.
- It is unlawful to camp overnight, without written permission of the City Administrator or Mayor.
- It is unlawful to possess or consume any alcoholic beverage.
- It is unlawful to disturb in any manner any picnic, meeting, service, concert, exercise, or exhibition.
- It is unlawful to distribute, post, place, or erect any advertising, handbill, circular, bill, notice, paper or other advertising device.
- It is unlawful to sell or offer for sale any food, drinks, confections, merchandise, or services.
- It is unlawful to place or dump any trash, refuse, solid waste, grass clippings, leaves, or other objectionable or unsightly matter in the park.
- It is unlawful to conduct or participate in any tournament, camp, or organized sporting activity which has not been specifically authorized
by the City Administrator or Mayor or which conflicts with a scheduled activity or event authorized by the City Administrator or Mayor.
- It is unlawful to carry a firearm, except those persons who are peace officers or are duly licensed by the State of Texas to carry a concealed handgun in accordance with the provisions of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, as amended.
- It is unlawful to discharge firearms, fireworks, BB guns, air guns, bow and arrow, sling shots, blow guns, rockets, or paint ball guns.
- It is unlawful to swim, bathe, wade in or pollute the water of any fountain, pond, lake, or stream.
- It is unlawful to remain, stay or loiter in the area of the park between the hours of 11:00 pm and 5:00 am inclusive, every day of the week.
- It is unlawful to enter into/onto the wooden structure in the Preserve known as the “Barn”, including its loft, stairs, roof and/or all other structures or areas as restricted by signage.
- It is unlawful to park or operate any truck-tractor, trailer, semitrailer, pole-trailer in a park facility parking lot at any time.
- It is unlawful for the owner or person with possession or custody of a domestic animal to allow the animal to defecate in the park without
immediate removal and disposal of such feces in proper waste receptacles.
- It is unlawful to discard, abandon, litter, or break any glass container. No glass beverage containers are permitted in the park.
- It is unlawful to advertise, solicit, and/or conduct a business in the park in any manner that either creates a disturbance to other park guests, or displaces other park guests in the park, or involves more than two representatives of the business, or which occurs for more than one hour in any three day period.
- It is unlawful to use or operate any gas operated remote controlled airplane, boat, car, drone or other motorized, model device, including radio-controlled devices such as helicopters, parasail, hang-glider or hot air balloons, in any manner that either creates a disturbance to other park guests, or displaces other park guests in the park.
- It is unlawful to use or to operate mechanical or amplified music, sound or voice.